Saturday, December 30, 2017

Ok. So it's been 5 years since I last wrote for this blog. In these last years I have continually been on one chemotherapy or another including 3 clinical trials. I am still hanging in there, however have run out of standard chemo options. In total I have been on 14. Right now I am not receiving any and am waiting to go to Stanford women's cancer center to register for another clinical trial on January 5th. This one does not involve chemo, which is weird for me. It is involving my own T-cells which will be removed, treated, and put back in later. To say I'm anxious is mild. I'm more like petrified! This new treatment is highly recommended by my fave oncologist, Dr. Palchak. Of course my Bridgett will be with me and my husband Tom. I don't know what I'd do without them. I now have another granddaughter, Maddie, who is 2. She is such a doll!  I have so much to live for!
So, I'll be writing more regularly so just in case someone who has ovarian cancer needs to know some options out there. Over and out!

No comments: